Writing is very therapeutic as it helps you put your thoughts into words. Often, we get to a good point in our lives and forget the hardships we’ve overcome. When you write in a journal, it gives you something tangible to look back on to see how far you’ve come. When you’re struggling to figure out your passion, writing will help with your self-discovery.
Now, Maya Angelou said, “if you don’t know where you’ve come from, you don’t know where you’re going.” This same concept applies today. In order to live a fulfilling life, you need to know what doesn’t fill you. Take a few moments each day to self-reflect on your past. Really hone in on the wins and the losses of your life. By doing so, you’ll get one step closer to self-discovery.
Journal Writing Prompts for Self-Discovery
If you don’t like writing and would rather type everything out you can do that, too. Learn to block negative thoughts that can keep you from living a life that you love. When you love yourself, you’ll feel like a new person and others will take notice of that. Finally, speak prosperity into existence over your life.
- What are my strengths & weaknesses?
- How do I define success?
- What would I want to do for the rest of my life if I never got paid?
- What distractions are hindering my productivity?
- What 10 things am I grateful for?
- What is my ideal partner like? Do I match up with the qualities of him/her?
- Are there obstacles keeping me from living a fulfilling life or am I making excuses?
- What do I want to learn more about?