In our last article, we mentioned a number of ways to treat your hemorrhoids at home. One of those treatments was to incorporate more fiber foods into your diet. Fiber, is important for your overall health as it helps to regulate sugar in the body and aids with digestion.
Now, the American Heart Association recommends your total dietary fiber intake to be 25-30 grams per day from food & not supplements. However, most adults only eat 15 grams of fiber daily. Some of our favorite fiber rich that you can add to your diet are as follows:
10 FOODS RICH IN FIBER
- Brown rice
Benefits of Fiber
The next time you’re grocery shopping make sure to add the above food items to your basket. It’s important to eat foods with fiber because they relieve constipation. Although, people can take fiber supplements to aid with constipation, it’s just not natural. Dietary fiber is the way to go! Some other benefits of fiber include the following:
- Normalize bowel movements
- Maintain healthy bowel movements
- Lower cholesterol levels- foods high in fiber helps reduce blood pressure and inflammation.
- Control blood sugar levels- soluble fiber slows the absorption of sugar, which is necessary for people with diabetes.
- Achieve healthy weight- foods high in fiber are more filling, which will help you want to eat less.